Dwayne Michael Carter Jr and well known as Lil Wayne is the world’s richest American rapper from Orleans; He achieved his success only at the age of 9 as a rapper. This article will give information about his career, net worth, and how he made all this money at such a young age. In 2019, Lil Wayne net worth is $120 million.
Formative Years of Lil Wayne:
Born on 27th September 1982, Dwayne was only two years old when his family abandoned. At the age of 8, he wrote his first rap song. He studied at McMainMagnet School but left the school when he was 14 years and focused on his musical career.
Highlights of Wayne’s Career:
- Carter launched his rap career by joining The Hot Boys in 1996 at the age of 15
- In 1999 he released his first album The Block is Hot. This album went at the top of the charts
- Another two albums, Lights Out and 500 Degreezhit the markets in 2000 and 2002. These two also gained gold success.
- A series of albums were released after this naming Tha Carter in 2004, Tha Carter II in 2005 and Tha Carter III in 2008. More than one million copies were sold during the first of his 2008 album. It was his most successful album.
Wayne poured all his creativity into rapping and since then climbing the stairs of success.
A glance at Lil Wayne’s Awards achievements:
Several awards were given to Carter for his work and collaboration with other celebrities. Some of his achievements are listed below:
- As a Best New Artist by Source Awards in 2000
- Three times BET awards were given to him Lyricist of the Year and MVP of the Year in 2008 and Best Male Hip Hop Artist in 2009
- Grammys Award for the Best Rap Album in 2009
- BMI Awards as Urban Songwriter of the Year in 2009 and 2010
- He won three times Billboard Music Awards as Best Rap Artist, Best Male Artist and Top Rap Album in 2011 and 2012 respectively.
Lil Wayne’s Famous Quotes:
There is a collection of Wayne’s inspirational and notable quotes which he said from his own life experiences. Some of them are mentioned below:
- He said that, “I am an addict, I’m addicted to success. Thankfully, there’s no rehab for success.”
- “Be good, or be good at it.”
- “Everybody Dies, But Not Everybody Lives!!”
Although he has been criticized a lot for his music by many people, but this criticism has not kept him away from his success at such a young age. He also earns money from many tours, and his money keeps on growing as his music does well. Lil Wayne net worth increased by leaps and bounds with every musical album released. In the present year, his net worth is $120 million making him the world’s richest rapper.